Primary Care Workshop 2018
International Workshop on Primary Care Logistics
Date: 29th & 30th October, 2018
Venue: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
The aim of the International Workshop on Primary Care Logistics is to bring scientists from different research areas
together to create an informal setting where we openly discuss the opportunities and challenges for providing
primary care now and in the future. We invite selected practitioners working in the field as well as academic
researchers from different disciplines to join the workshop and stimulate discussions and ideas for interdisciplinary
The workshop consists of two parts:
- Monday October 29th will have a scientific focus with scheduled talks.
- Tuesday October 30th will be used for open discussions and work in groups on topics that we have identified on the previous day.
Please find the programm overview here.
Topics of interest
- Appointment planning
- Forecasting primary care demand
- Location problems for facilities and mobile practices
- Collaborative care
- Staffing models and personnel scheduling
- Simulation models for primary care
- Design of information systems, user-assistance, apps etc.
- Health services research for primary care
- Other disciplines and topics related to primary care
- Deadline abstract submission: (~500 words): September 30th, 2018 | Please send an email to melanie.reuter∂kit.edu
- Deadline registration: October 12th, 2018 | Please send an email to melanie.reuter∂kit.edu | Participation will be free of charge
- Dr. Melanie Reuter-Oppermann (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- Ilze Ziedins (University of Auckland)
- Anne Zander (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)